Tuesday, December 10, 2013

12 Days of Apps: AUDIBLE

How many people do you know that have a goal to read a book a month?  Or maybe to get through ONE book in a year?  How many people do you know that are in a book club?  And how many people do you know have a regular commute that is essentially wasted time?  Ah-ha, there is a solution here, and it's called audio-books.  A favorite app for this is Audible.  Basically, it rocks.  My clients, colleagues, friends, and I use it to listen to great book content we would otherwise probably not get to.
After years of loving the "rolling university" listening to various audio content while driving, I signed up for Audible 2-3 years ago, and now I have a full collection with me where I go, so I can listen to whatever I choose depending on need or mood.  It's also handy for running and other workout time.  Audible works on desktop and mobile devices, allowing you to select, download, and listen to just about any book.  I've been impressed with the selection in every genre.  And yes, of course it remembers where you left off, even if it's been months.


Some extras:
  • One of my favorite features is the speed of narration. This is handy to adjust for your preference and time allotted. 
  • I've found that I have true respect for talented narration.  It's an art that can make or break the story, so my advice is to read some reviews and listen to the free sample before purchasing.
  • Typically plans are for monthly credits. You can purchase books via credit or direct to your account, giving you the ability to pay less for certain books.  
  •  It's now part of Amazon, so you don't have to remember another login and password.

Also---Before you judge some of us not actually READING books, please consider my story:  I am a pretty voracious reader; much of my life I have often read about a book a week.  Now a business owner, I am in 2 book clubs and facilitate group book studies for professional development (aka "the MasterMind"), plus I am constantly learning and sharing from books with clients and other contacts, and of course I still love my favorite genres and have to get a fix periodically!  

To your continued success, 
Heather A Legge
www.EnvisionSuccessInc.com Request a Strategy Session

No comments:

Post a Comment