Monday, December 30, 2013

12 Days of Apps: E-READER

Although many of us still like the experience of reading paper books, the convenience of having a ton of digital books at your fingertips is undeniable. 
Whether you have a Nook or Kindle (or a competing) device, or use one of their apps on your other devices, the convenience factor is phenomenal.

Of course, having your books with you all the time also makes it likely that you will read more, such as when in line at Starbucks or the bank, or waiting for an appointment, etc...
As for which app, I use both Nook and Kindle apps on my phone, tablet, and desktop.  I don't really have a preference-and not all books are available on one or the other.  I like all the common features of both of them, and I don't really think it matters much which you choose, as long as you use an eReader to help books stay relevant in your life!

As for features, possibly my favorite is to be able to adjust the light level for reading at night, so I don't have to turn on a lamp anymore if I'm awake in the wee hours so my husband doesn't squawk as much.  It's also nice to be able to download a book instantly (such as when you're in the Jacuzzi, just finished book 3 in a series, and must start book 4 now!) sync your location, notes, highlights, and bookmarks across devices if needed, share if available, and include audio if desired. 


My switch story...
I resisted the eReader technology for awhile.  It wasn't until I realized I was one of the few left in book club that, when the book was announced, didn't have it downloaded immediately.  After some research, I bought a Nook that is now a few years old.  I LOVED it, especially the first few times I traveled and would read to suit my mood instead of being held captive by the airline magazine, Sky Mall, and the paperback I bought at the airport newsstand. I didn't think I would miss paper books at all!  I do miss the smell, the nostalgic factor, and the "flipability*" of paper books.  Otherwise, I've really never looked back.  However, as with all technology, my device itself became somewhat obsolete, and I made the switch to reading from my large-screen smartphone every night with either the Nook or Kindle app, depending on the book.  I read every night, for book club selections, my favorite fiction, how-to, and business books.  

Set a goal for reading books to enrich your life and business, and make it happen!


*flipping through pages to find something...

To your continued success, 
Heather A Legge
Request a Strategy Session with an ESI Coach!
www.EnvisionSuccessInc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment