Friday, December 20, 2013

12 Days of Apps: TIME RECORDING

Where does your time go?  How can you possibly know unless you track it?  Have you done one of those exercises where you track everything for a week, and although useful, you feel like you need "Time Tracking" added to the list because it felt like it took way more time than it should have?  

What if there was an app for that?  What, oh, of course there is!  At least one...in fact there are several.  After taking a sales audit course and realizing I hadn't been doing a good job of tracking how much of my time was spent on critical activities, I searched for an app instead of relying on my usual spreadsheets or a paper journal.
These work quite well, or course but my challenge is that if I don't do it in the moment, while out in the field, it is highly unlikely to get done later...  Can you relate?

I like the Time Recording app.  Named appropriately, isn't it?  The Time Recording app is quite robust, so it requires a bit of set up, but once you decide the basic categories you want to track and get them added (which is quick and easy), it is very easy to use and fast to complete your entries.  It is perfect for a business owner like me, but also for people in any autonomous job where time in certain activities determines your income...  It can easily be adapted to track time for just about anything you want.

My tip is to think about what type of information you need to make better decisions going forward, note down some categories that you will need to track, determine if you need to assign things to different "clients" and then seek the right balance between high details and fast, simple tracking on the fly.

Note: Time Recording is only available for Android currently, but I've heard great things about similar apps for iPhone users.

To your continued success, 
Heather A Legge
Request a Strategy Session with an ESI Coach
www.EnvisionSuccessInc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment